BYMS Counseling Department
Welcome! My name is Marisa Gates-Muse and I am the School Counselor at BYMS. The program supports teaching and learning by assuring that all students achieve academic success and develop life skills through the acquisition of academic, career, and personal/social competencies, which will prepare them for meaningful participation in a diverse, changing world. Please take a look around this page to learn more about our Comprehensive School Counseling Program, and available resources for students, parents, and staff.
You can contact me at (760) 348-2179 during regular school hours. You may also contact me via email at email@example.com. You can make an appointment with this link. https://calendly.com/mgates-muse/student-parent-conference
Students: Join Counselor Corner Google Classrooms!
Counselor Contact forms:
Students can complete a contact or Check-In Form: https://forms.gle/59oEYYmdq49zk3rn7
Teachers/staff members can request assistance with a Referral Form: https://forms.gle/d6cDLQ1RwL4Qa5AP6
Parents can refer a student to the counselor with this Parent Referral Form: https://forms.gle/HKPERM9W3GSnGDkCA
Make an appointment to meet https://calendly.com/mgates-muse/student-parent-conference
Emergency Contact Information:
Crisis Information for Students: Crisis Information for Students
Suicide Hotline 1-800-273-8255 or the Sure Helpline at (760) 352-7873.
Crisis Text Line - available 24/7.
Text HOME to 741-741
In the event of a mental health emergency, please call 911
For a list of Local Community Resources see the link on the right.
Suicide Prevention Resources for Parents: Parent brochure
Additional Resources for Students:
- BrainPop: Interactive Site
- Find Your Path College and Career Readiness
- The Yucky Bug: A Video by Students
- The Worry Tree
- Social Story on Corona Virus
- Talk to Your Fear: A Worksheet
- Try Mindfulness!
- Mindful Schools: Free Mindfulness Class for Students
Parent Resources for COVID-19:
- Reducing Student Stress (and your own)
- Counselor Keri's Source for How to Help Kids
- COVID-19 and Your Mental Health
- Parent/Caregiver Guide to Helping Families Cope with the Coronavirus
- Talking with children about Coronavirus | CDC
- Talking to Children About Coronavirus: A Parent Resource
- Hable con sus hijos sobre el COVID-19 (Coronavirus): Un recurso para padres
- How to Talk to Your Kids About Coronavirus | PBS
- Free Resources to Teach Health in Grades K - 12 | Scholastic Classroom Magazines
- Resources for Supporting Children’s Emotional Well-being during the COVID-19 Pandemic - Child Trends